Consultant – Apprenticeship
Maher & Maher is at the forefront of efforts to expand apprenticeship across the country, working with agencies at the federal, state, and local levels. Apprenticeship is a proven approach for businesses to prepare workers for highly-skilled jobs across all sectors. Community colleges, workforce boards, and other intermediaries are increasingly involved in apprenticeship – and states are working to integrate apprenticeship strategies into their education, workforce, and economic development systems.
Maher & Maher is looking to expand its team of professionals working on apprenticeship projects by filling a new “Consultant – Apprenticeship” position. This position will have a wide-range of responsibilities that will include managing projects; leading technical assistance activities; developing and reviewing technical assistance products; developing and facilitating in-person and virtual events; and working with multiple stakeholders. At the core of this work is a commitment to fostering and maintaining strong client relationships and ensuring high-quality products and services are delivered on time.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, with at least 3 years of experience in the workforce development or education field. Additional years of professional experience is desired.
- Understanding of apprenticeship and work-based learning is desired.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects in workforce development or education field.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical assistance and training activities.
- Previous consulting experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent oral communication skills with ability to express complex ideas clearly.
- Strong writing capabilities and ability to edit others work.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with strong analytical capabilities.
- A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to lead project activities.
- Ability to manage work on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Resourceful and capable in anticipating problems and effectively resolving challenges.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Capability to build and maintain strong client relationships, with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Desire to learn new things and apply the latest trends and technologies to your work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in a related field (such as public administration, public policy, or business administration) is preferred.
- Anywhere in the United States.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please complete this Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Inventory Form, and attach it to your job application below.
Download KSA Form
Submit Your Application