On-the-Job Training (OJT) Toolkit
In the summer of 2010, Maher & Maher worked closely with ETA and with state and local workforce investment staff to create a comprehensive online toolkit for practitioners to start or strengthen their use of On-the-Job Training (OJT).
In the short timeframe of three months, Maher & Maher was able to accomplish the following:
- Develop OJT checklists, templates and samples around five key OJT areas: Policies and Procedures, Outreach, Contracts and Modifications, Training Plans and Monitoring;
- Develop a 101 OJT training course;
- Capture OJT videos of practitioners and employers; and
- Design and deliver the online toolkit.
One of the most popular areas is the Outreach section, where we created customizable brochures and outreach materials that can be used by practitioners. Additional Resources include:
- On-the-Job Training (OJT): Keys to Implementation -- Web based, self-paced tutorial provides an overview of OJT and offers valuable guidance for outreach, implementing, and monitoring OJT.
- Quick Start Action Planner (QSAP) -- Interactive, self-paced assessment tool designed to assist entities in evaluating critical aspects of OJT planning, policy, operations, and oversight at the state and local levels.
- Establishing and Strengthening OJT Workshop -- Guide to facilitate a one day training session in promising practices to establish OJT.