Analyst/Assistant Project Manager - Position located in Washington, DC area
Working with federal agencies, Analysts/Assistant Project Managers at Maher & Maher play an important role in helping implement workforce development initiatives across the country. They work on projects that develop and deliver varied and innovative outreach, technical assistance, and training solutions for clients. These solutions include change management strategies, engagement with industry and other stakeholders, technical assistance guides and materials, online learning platforms and web-based training, and in-person facilitation and training. Maher & Maher’s projects focus on a range of topics, such as apprenticeship, competency models, youth programs, sector strategies, and others, that are critical to workforce development today.
Analysts/Assistant Project Managers have a wide-range of responsibilities that will include:
- Support client meetings, including developing materials for clients, writing meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Manage and support the development and implementation of project schedules, plans, goals, and budgets with limited supervision of more senior staff.
- Manage communication and activities with contracted consultants and project partners.
- Support production of technical assistance materials, such as training guides, webpages, fact sheets, and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Support virtual and in-person events, such as training webinars, team meetings, conferences, and peer learning exchanges.
- Utilize technology to support the team to effectively and efficiently accomplish project goals.
- Develop expertise in subject matter areas relevant to project topics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Public Policy or other related social science field.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience is required, preferably related to workforce development, education, economic development, or human services fields.
- Prior experience managing project deliverables in a fast-paced environment is highly desired.
- Experience effectively managing competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Experience with consulting or working with client-based projects is a plus.
- Self-motivated achiever who identifies opportunities to drive value and takes the initiative to lead solutions.
- Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills. Includes the ability to produce consistent, high-quality deliverables while meeting tight deadlines.
- ·Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, is a must. Includes the ability to communicate complex technical material succinctly and accurately, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent people skills with a customer service oriented approach, and a focus on building relationships with the client and project team.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment. Includes the ability to be flexible to meet project priorities.
- Proficient in Outlook 365 and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with other technology tools, such as SharePoint, Zoho, Adobe Connect, or Zoom, is a plus.
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance of downtown Washington, D.C.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Please complete this Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Inventory Form, and attach it to your job application below.
Download KSA Form
Submit Your Application