The Business Development Manager leads the research, tracking, and analyzing of potential opportunities and supports the capture and proposal development process. The Business Development Manager will work with Directors in both the Federal and State practice areas in order to track, identify and submit responses to competitive federal, state, and local procurements. This position will drive efforts to secure new clients and we are looking for a business development professional who is excited and motivated to build relationships and identify and pursue new opportunities. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work, and excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact successfully with all levels of staff. This individual should have prior government contracting experience, as well as established relationships across multiple agencies and states.
· Drive and manage the business development life cycle, which includes working closely with the VPs and Directors to develop, articulate and execute strategic and tactical plans as well as specific capture efforts to meet corporate objectives.
· Establish, implement and monitor corporate growth strategies (including an annual strategic plan), in order to achieve new customer and new market objectives.
· Identify and cultivate teaming partnerships and business alliances
· Develop customers call plans in collaboration with practice directors -- execute them, document them, and follow up as appropriate.
· Develop and maintain qualified and award pipelines of new business and recompete opportunities to achieve business objectives.
· Manage the proposal review process, schedule, and conduct proposal reviews.
· Assist in developing capture and proposal strategy to increase Pwin for specific opportunities.
· Manage the bid and proposal (B&P) budget for the company based on top level allocations to the practice areas and allocations to specific capture and proposal.
· Perform research and evaluate data included in government procurement sites (FBO, eBuy, GovWin, etc.).
· Research government agency budgets and associated procurement forecast documents.
· Actively involved in professional associations to establish external relationships with government and industry
Qualifications (Education, Knowledge, and Experience)
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Science, or related field required
· 8-10 years of experience in government consulting environment required
· Experience with GSA schedules, federal contract vehicles, and different types of government contracts
· Documented and verifiable success in capturing federal and/or state contracts
· Understanding of and experience in preparing proposals for government contract opportunities
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to effectively present information
· Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
· Detail-oriented, with demonstrated organizational skills
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Access, and PowerPoint
· Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to creatively problem solve
· Strong collaboration skills to manage and facilitate multiple priorities
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle, feel or operate standard office equipment.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
20% -- 30% possible
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://careers-impaqint.icims.com/jobs/2050/business-development-manager---maher-%26-maher%2c-an-impaq-company/job
Maher & Maher, an IMPAQ company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.