Online Training Facilitator (Entry Level Position Located in Washington DC or in Neptune, NJ)
We’re looking for an entry-level professional to advise our clients on how to best use innovative communication strategies and virtual event technology to reach and interact with thousands of people nationwide. The Online Training Specialist position is focused on delivering best practices of online collaboration and adult learning strategies. This individual will facilitate and act as technical consultant for the clients’ virtual Technical Assistance events (such as webinars, webcasts, and podcasts) with audiences ranging from large (up to 1500 people nation-wide) to small (less than 20 people). Additionally, this person will help coordinate our overall webinar process, conduct communications and messaging, and track and analyze results to guide process improvement and refinement.
The right candidate for this position is a smart, dedicated, and passionate individual who is committed to supporting our clients. People skills, comfort with technology, and flexibility are paramount. A level of familiarity and a willingness to adapt to new systems and emerging technologies is also important. A passion for communications and sharing information in the digital world is critical, as is being able to work well with other members of the team.
It is preferable for candidates to be located in, or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC metro area or in Neptune, NJ.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and facilitate virtual events, including preparing speakers and participants, hosting dry run sessions, uploading virtual content, and post-event follow up and evaluations
- Manage and disseminate event invitations, calendar announcements, participant notifications, and technical logistics. Communicate with registered participants about event logistics, respond to registered participants for accessibility issues on webinar events.
- Instruct presenters on how to become comfortable with the virtual classroom feature set and learning environment, and facilitate communications between the webinar leads, presenters, and internal support staff.
- Record and edit audio and video for virtual meetings, webinars, podcasts, and online tutorials.
- Posting event materials and other content to the client’s website.
- Make suggestions to our clients on how to improve their virtual event, increase participation, and better reach their audience. Anticipate and manage potential breakdowns by navigating logistical challenges, while guiding them to potential opportunities to add value.
- Analyze event metrics, website traffic, and content format/presentation to improve the client’s future events.
- Research and recommend current emerging tools for media production/platforms.
- Instruct and coach individual client Content Managers on how to best utilize the website platform, including understanding digital media and online organizing, target audience engagement, and online content creation and curation.
- Assist with coordinating overall outreach campaigns, tracking/analyzing results and assisting with troubleshooting site resource management and design.
- Ability to establish online identity as moderator and encourage contributions from others.
- A clear and confident speaking voice that is comfortable on the phone.
- Exhibit a positive attitude, commitment and enthusiasm for online learning.
- Ability to adapt to new contexts, methods, roles and settings as dictated by the nature of the presentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve problems as related to the technical components necessary to deliver a webinar event.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience with a focus on PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience managing online communities of practice or social networks.
- Hands on experience using Adobe Connect or other webinar platform technology
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS) (i.e. Sitecore and/or SharePoint).
- Experience tracking and analyzing website metrics, such as Google Analytics.
- Graphic design, video editing, or HTML experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.