The Business Development Associate will be responsible for supporting Maher’s growth in services to one of its three practices, the Private Sector. Maher is looking to expand our footprint in current niche markets— finance, healthcare, and media and communications. The core services of our practice have been centered around Change Management and Talent Development including complex curriculum design and development and technology-facilitated learning experiences.
The Business Development Associate must be able to quickly grasp and sustain understanding of the practice growth strategy and its business models. This position will conduct research, organize and support responses to business inquiries, development of proposals and follow-ups, to ensure that leads are tracked properly. The associate will work with the Practice Director and key members of the practice in order to build new relationships and new business.
The right candidate will possess an interest in sales, sales support, or marketing support for Talent Development and / or Learning and Development consultancies, or has worked in a sales training or learning and development capacity within one of our target markets. A basic understanding of sales models, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and modern marketing is desired.
The Business Development Associate must be highly motivated, able to work at a fast pace, and must have superlative skills in listening, speaking, and writing. This is an entry-level opportunity which will provide a learning curve to a candidate who is excited to bring results to a growing business
· Proactively research to target and identify prospective new clients
· Pre-qualify opportunities and route them to the appropriate resource for on-going follow up
· Field new business inquiries from inbound, events, campaigns, and referrals
· Collaborate with business development and client services leaders to build relationships and rapport with new business targets
· Identify and establish relationships with potential partners in target markets
· Support and manage the development of proposals, presentations and prospect communications
· Support the business development management process with daily updates to the firm’s CRM system
· Prepare regular and ad hoc reports as needed to support the business development process
· Collaborate with Practice and organizational personnel on marketing content, campaigns, and outreach
Experience and Qualifications:
· Experience with B2B sales models and approaches
· 1-3 years of related experience in a Talent Development, Learning and Development, niche market (Finance, Healthcare, Media & Communications) consultancy setting
· Strong people / relationship management and influencing skills
· Service oriented attitude (flexible, personable, approachable)
· Strong listening skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a commitment to personal excellence
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience with sales analytics, digital marketing is a plus
· BA/BS degree in a relevant field
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Maher’s business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
20% -- 30% possible
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maher & Maher is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.