Working with federal agencies, Project Managers at Maher & Maher play a critical role in helping implement workforce development initiatives across the country. They play a key role in managing projects that develop and deliver varied and innovative outreach, technical assistance, and training solutions for clients. These solutions range from technical assistance guides, to online learning platforms and web-based training, to in-person facilitation and training. Maher & Maher’s projects focus on a range of topics, such as apprenticeship, competency models, youth programs, sector strategies, and others, that are critical to workforce development today.
The Project Manager will have a wide-range of responsibilities that will include managing project activities; leading tasks; managing budgets and resource allocations; working with multiple stakeholders; managing and contributing to technical assistance products; and planning and supporting virtual and in-person events. At the core of the Project Manager’s work is a commitment to fostering and maintaining strong client relationships and ensuring high-quality products and services are delivered on time.
· At least 6 years of professional experience related to managing projects. Experience in the workforce development or education field preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with project management, including monitoring project budgets, developing and managing project plans, and developing resource allocations.
· Previous consulting experience preferred, but not required.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with demonstrated ability to express complex ideas clearly.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Strong analytical capabilities.
· A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to lead project activities.
· Ability to manage work on multiple, concurrent projects.
· Resourceful and capable in anticipating problems and effectively resolving challenges.
· Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all organizational levels.
· Capability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
· Desire to learn new things and apply the latest trends and technologies to your work.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Within the commuting distance of downtown Washington DC, preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please complete this Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Inventory Form, and attach it to your job application below.