Senior Consultant - Remote Position
The State and Regional Practice at Maher & Maher is expanding its team and is hiring a Senior Consultant with experience in a variety of workforce development, education, human services, and/or economic development settings as well as with expertise in facilitation, public speaking, strategic planning, coaching, and asset mapping. This position would consult on projects at the state, regional, and local level as well as support and engage in business development activities.
This position will have a wide-range of project-related responsibilities, such as developing strategies; facilitating partner and stakeholder meetings; providing training on a variety of topics; and developing / delivering technical assistance and resource materials. Business development tasks could include participating in thought-leadership activities, contributing to proposals, and actively seeking out new opportunities for Maher. Moderate to frequent travel is required.
- At least 10 years of experience leading complex projects in the workforce development, education or learning and development, with at least 5 of these years working with one or more national workforce programs at either federal, state or local levels;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating groups and giving presentations to groups of all sizes;
- Proven experience working on large, multifaceted projects and teams;
- Previous experience with technical assistance and training activities at the state and local level; and
- Previous consulting experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express complex ideas clearly;
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with strong analytical capabilities;
- Ability to see and manage to the “big picture” as well as being detail-oriented;
- A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to contribute to project activities;
- Ability to manage work on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Resourceful and capable in anticipating problems and effectively resolving challenges;
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all organizational levels;
- Capability to build and maintain strong client relationships, with a focus on customer satisfaction;
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team;
- Desire to learn new things and apply the latest trends and technologies to your work;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities; and
- Ability to understand and work within project budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Master’s degree in a related field (such as workforce education and development, public administration, public policy, business administration, or related field) is preferred, but not required.
- Anywhere in the United States
Maher & Maher is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.